Client Care Coordinator
Status: Full Time Exempt
The Client Care Coordinator performs Intakes, assessments, and plans of care for new clients. Contacts, presents and develops referral relationships to ensure the best care for our clients by sharing the plan of care, assessment, and guide to care. Gives an understanding of what Comfort Keepers does and is doing for our clients. Develop a continuous flow of referrals. Participates in relevant community events. Ensures referrals, phone conversions, home visits, new client’s assimilations and ongoing client care coordination so that growth goals are met. Participates in management on-call rotation.
Qualifications: College degree preferably in Health Care, gerontology, or Marketing Management and two years related experience and/or training. Experience in home care or other service industry preferred.
Requires proficiency in word processing and computer skills (Office Word, Excel, & Power Point). Will need to master additional software including Calendar, Scheduling System & telephony system.
Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication, human relations, and organizational skills as well as positive professional, business image and dress for success. Must be a team player and work cooperatively with other members of the management team.
- Conducts or ensures supervisory field visits are conducted for caregivers in clients’ homes. Provides counseling/coaching as needed and escalates concerns to Manager for counseling.
- Conducts In Home Visit for client prospects and converts to a new client. Processes required paperwork obtaining signatures while communicating pertinent information to the client to ensure understanding. Leaves client with reference information.
- Inputs all the Plan of Cares into the database
- Creates new client Plan of Care in system, communicates to Internal Client Services Coordinator and caregivers. Updates Plan of Care into the database as needed and communicates to care team.
- Participates in appropriate selection of caregivers to client and shares pertinent info with a caregiver. Introduces caregivers to the client whenever possible.
- Coordinates discharge of client to ensure appropriateness. Documents client discharges -Discharge Log- and reports on a monthly basis to Manager. Any changes or updates are input into the database.
- Follows up with Prospects not converted to Client in a consistent and timely manner.
- Manage Reassessment process of Clients and ensure ongoing proactive client caregiver communication. At a minimum, ensures compliance to CKFI and SC DHEC standards.
- Establishes and grows community relationships where prospects reside such as Transitional Care Units in Nursing Homes; hospital discharge planners; Home Health agency staff. Coordinates transitions with these agencies.
- Represents Comfort Keepers at community events and marketing events as directed by Manager
- Participates in On-Call rotation and follows protocols.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Working Environment: Office environment. Does require travel in personal vehicle to visit clients, caregiver, referral sources and marketing events.
Position Physical Demands: Walking, sitting and standing with lifting limited to files and records typically not expected to exceed 5 pounds in weight. Extended time at a computer work screen and on the telephone and sitting/driving in a vehicle. May be required to provide services to a client, so would need to be able to lift to 25 pounds.